Thursday, June 23, 2011

Asian Pot Luck Night

Tuesday night was potluck night at the Browns, and the Asian food theme was a first for the weekly dinner.  I think almost everyone who brought a dish over had visited the new Oriental Supermarket on I-55 South to get ingredients or products (If you haven't gone there yet, go.  Visit the market and eat at Mr. Chen's, it's fantastic.)  Strangest product of the night?  The grass jelly drink that Herb picked up.  It smelled remarkably like the Chinese herbal concoctions I had to make myself when I was getting acupuncture treatments for eczema, and that is not a good thing.

The food however, was all great.  Garrad made a rice noodle salad and chicken cabbage wraps.  Both dishes had carrots, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, and sauces using a combination of the soy sauce, fish sauce, and sesame oil we bought at the market.  The other excellent dishes were cream cheese wontons, fried rice, sesame chicken drumettes, pot stickers, and the biscuits covered in sugar that you see on most Chinese buffet lines.  My fortune from my cookie said something like, "You will soon find what you have been searching for."  I hope that means more delicious fried food.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh Hooooo!!! I thought we wouldn't have any pictures from it!

    ReplyDelete