Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Relief for the Grumpy in Mississippi


About this time of the year, I get really sick of the heat.  So sick of it that I daydream about feeling cold, and wearing sweaters and boots and engulfing myself in a big coat.  No kidding.  One of the few things that can actually comfort me in 100 degree heat is an ice cold cocktail.  Luckily, the new episode of Anthony Bourdain’s “No Reservations” came to my rescue and inspired me.  On his trip to the desert in southern California, he hung out with some guys in a recording studio who made this altered version of a Pink Cadillac.


1+ jigger (about 2 ounces) tequila
2-3 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
Splash of club soda or tonic (I prefer soda)
Squeeze of lime

Pour over a tall glass of ice, stir, and enjoy responsibly.

Even if you don’t like grapefruit juice, you’ll probably dig this drink if you enjoy margaritas.  It’s sweet and sour, and packs a bit of a punch.  And, it is definitely more budget friendly than sucking down margs ate your favorite Mexican restaurant to cool off.  Be strong out there, and much love to my peeps in Dallas (it’s even more brutal there).

No comments:

Post a Comment