Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome to my food blog

"Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park.  Enjoy the ride."  -Anthony Bourdain

First, a confession.  I, like many of my generation, have a blogging past.  I've written about my life as a poor student, started pages for school projects, and even tried to write one about my interests in urban planning issues (my field of study).  None of them withstood the test of time.  I lost interest because they became something else to put on my "to do" list instead of a Doogie Howser style journal to come to at the end of the day.  Though I am not on Facebook (gasp!), I still find myself wanting to put something out into the world so I can connect with the people I don't get to see everyday.  One of the best ways to connect with people, in my experience, is through food.  Food and cooking are things that I always seem to talk about, yet they always allow me to escape from life's challenges.  Whether I'm thinking about where to eat or what I want to make for myself and my husband at home, recipe and food story sharing are always a touchstone.  So here it is for your reading pleasure, booze and hot pans!

1 comment:

  1. That quote is the best thing I have ever read. I think I'm going to call my body the Superman Ride at Six Flags Great America. Glad you're back into blogging!

    ReplyDelete